Monday, July 4, 2011

Roma, the final week, home.

So this blog post is being sent out from the US of A. How great is it that I am home? The past two weeks have been a whirlwind of life.

So my grandfather died two weeks ago and that combined with the way my semester had been going helped me to make the decision to come home early. It was a good and hard decision for me to make, but I cannot explain how glad I am to be home.

Rome was beautiful, naturally. Just picture everything you need to see in Rome and that is what we did. We hit up the Colosseum, Trevi Fountain, Roman Forum, the Pantheon, Vatican City, etc., etc. It was hard to deal with all of that on top of my Grandfather, but I know how excited he was for me to get the chance to go to Rome and so I went.

Once I got back I had about 3 days to pack everything up, say my goodbyes, and head home. Leaving wasn't hard. It should have been, but it wasn't. I am not even sure what this experience is going to mean for me or what was the intended purpose, but it was hard.

Having Bryan pick me up at the airport and heading straight to Charlottesville literally made for the perfect weekend. Half of my housemates were in town and I got to spend the weekend here hanging out, relaxing, and being back in my comfort zone.

I have no idea what this experience means yet, but I know I need to take a mental break from it and begin to start processing it in a couple of weeks. As for now, I am very content with celebrating the Fourth of July in the land I love best and echoing Dorthy's oh-so-wise words, "there's no place like home."

No comments:

Post a Comment